I want to share a class which I presented to my young students a week ago, and that it was quite engaging. The aim of it was to prepare students to describe their own family members at the end of the unit. In the same way, I prepared these activities taking into account that not all the student’s families are constituted in the same way (obvious but important!).
- Students listened the song ‘we are family’ of the Ice Age 4. I asked them if they could recognised the song. And then we connected it to the characters.
- I gave them a photocopy with some images and adjectives. We played a short game in which they had to say the name of each character as fast as possible. Then we wrote them on the board.
- Students had to underline the adjectives that better described each character.
- Then they read and justified their answers.
- I explained the use of ‘she is’ ‘he is’ and ‘they are.’
- They chose adjectives and wrote full sentences.
'We Are Family' Ace Age 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnXmGscq7OE